Are You Using the Right Examples of CV?
The job market in Great Britain is getting tougher every year. The current recession is making things worse for new graduates because job opportunities are becoming fewer every month. However, the right CV can help make things easier for most job candidates and inspire potential employers to hire them.
There are many examples of CV available on the web to help job candidates secure their future. However, not all of them may be perfect. The web is accessible by everyone, which means that anyone can upload their own resume template and claim that it is the best online. To make sure that you’re using the best examples of CV available, keep in mind the following tips:
- Always consider the source of the examples of CV you are going through. If you’re using a template offered by one of the country’s top job search engines, you can rest assured that you’re getting the best and latest template. However, if you’re browsing through an independent website, make sure that the example’s provider is part of an HR team or is a recruiter.
- Your CV is supposed to point out your qualities and most prominent educational and work-related milestones. Therefore, examples of CV will not include titles like ‘Reasons Behind Leaving Previous Job’. In addition, the resume template will not focus on personal details, such as marital status or race, because these can be used by biased individuals for or against the candidate.
- Excellent examples of CV will focus less on the duties handled and more on the achievements accomplished. You need to prove to your potential employers that you are the best person for the job. So, rather than mentioning what you did at your previous job, it will highlight the goals you were able to achieve and the milestones you accomplished in your career.
- Before using a CV template, make sure that it is up to date. Recruiters and interviewers will only consider your CV seriously if it is made according to the latest format. For example, in older CVs, job candidates were required to write ‘Curriculum Vitae’ on the topmost section of the resume. However, the latest layout replaces the title with the applicant’s name, followed by their address and contact details.
- Any template that keeps your important skills at the bottom is not as good as you may think it is. Skills are very important in today’s job market, and can be a determining factor for many interviewers because many people’s qualifications may be similar. The Skills section of your resume should be near the Qualifications section or somewhere around the middle of your resume.
- You can identify a good resume through bulleted lists. Because bullets make your CV easy to read, you can guarantee that the recruiter or interviewer will actually go through it completely. So, if examples of CV that don’t have bullets, won’t get you anywhere.
These are some of the main factors which can help you differentiate good examples of CVs from the common ones on the web.